- Salesforce Summer 2015 edition
- SellWhere Standard Edition
In SellWhere Visit Planning, a Salesforce standard user tries to add an event in her calendar, but when validating the event, it doesn't appear in the calendar. No error message are displayed.
Salesforce administrators don't have issue adding events.
Steps to reproduce
- Connect to Salesforce with an End User account.
- Go to the SellWhere tab and select any map
- Click on an account (or any mapped object)
- Click on the calendar icon, and validate keeping current date and time
- Go to the users' calendar: no event has been added
There has been a technical change in the calendar behavior with Salesforce Summer 2015 edition.
In order for a third app like SellWhere to be allowed to add an event in the user's calendar, the user must have read and write rights on the DataSetId field of the Event object:
In order to solve that issue, all users should be given this right. This can be done through several options:
- Update the Standard user profile
- Add this right to the SellWhere EndUser permission set